Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hospital

So yesterday I felt a little "off" all day.  I woke up with a headache and felt really tired.  I took a nap when I got home around 12:00 and then I met up with Sterling at the mall later and we did a little bit of looking around and shopping.  We stopped to get some dinner and I started seeing spots.  Sterling got worried because this is a sign of preeclampsia.  We called my doctor and he told me to go into triage and get checked.  When we got to triage they took my blood pressure and a urine sample.  My blood pressure was really high for me 137/87 and when the labs came back my urine had protein in it (another sign of preeclampsia).  They decided to get a fresh sample so they cathetered me.  Then they asked me if I was feeling any contractions because their monitor was saying I was having them.  They checked my cervix and said it was pretty thin and that I was dilated a little bit so my doctor wanted me to be monitored for another few hours along with receiving some fluids.  After a few hours not a lot changed and my blood pressure readings were down significantly so I was told to go home and take it easy.  What a crazy night-we thought maybe this baby was coming.  We will keep you posted.

4 comments:

nanadover said...

Take care Arien! Yippy! Baby will be there soon!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Hang in there...you are so close. Good luck. I hope everything goes well for you.

Krista said...

These last few days waiting are the worst. Hang in there and good luck. Remember the epidural is worth every penny!

Jules said...

Any more action??