Wow....July came and went and we didn't even notice. It is amazing how fast the summer goes by. We have been busy at home the last few weeks. It has been really HOT here. Several days have felt over 100 degrees and the humidity has been miserable. The only thing we can do outside is go to the pool. We have been to the pool a few times with friends. We had a little get together for the ladies to watch the Bachelorette season finale. Sterling has been amazingly busy. He only has a total of four days off this month (no weekends!) He is on 30 hour call about every 2 or 3 days which means we don't see him for a couple of days at a time. It is really hard to have him gone even more than he used to be. I have been doing sewing projects for fun...and to keep me busy. I thought they turned out really cute!
Reagan has been growing and learning! She must have had a growth spurt over the summer because I went to put on one of her pairs of shoes and it was too small. I guess that is okay since she was only in a size 2 anyway. It has been really hard to find shoes in that size that she can walk in since most size 2 shoes are crib shoes. She is saying bobba, ok, ummm, pool, and the words she already said before. She enjoys picking things up and putting them to her ear like a phone and pretending to talk into it. She loves to pull all of the stuff out of my cabinets in the bathroom while I get ready. She will grab a headband and put it on her head in front of the mirror and admire herself. Yesterday Sterling came with me to Walmart and he chased her up and down the aisles while we grocery shopped. She giggled and squealed as she ran up and down them. It was really funny. She loves it when Sterling comes home. The other day we went and met him at the hospital. As we were waiting in the hallway she kept seeing guys in scrubs down the hall and saying DADA!!! Sad that she sees him in the scrubs so often that she recognizes them. She loves to go to the pool and be outside. I try to take her out at night when it is a little less hot and let her run around. She likes to look at the flowers and push her little car around.
4 comments:
I AM SOOOOOOO SAD I MISSED OUT ON ALL THE SEWING!!!! DANG THE SUMMER! GOES BY TOO FAST. MISSED SEEING YOUR CUTE FACE. HOPEFULLY KATIE MADE SOME WITH YOU SO I CAN GET THE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE ONE AS WELL. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! HOPE THEY ARENT TOO HARD!! :) YOU KNOW ME!!
Well "sewing susan"...congratulations on your mad skills :-) You seriously are amazing!!!!!!!!!! Reagan is so cute!! Teach her to say Katie. I expect to hear her say my name in October!! :-) Love you guys!
You should sell your dresses they are adorable! I hope you can stay cool...I hate 100 degree weather.
I just love the dresses you make. Great talent!
Post a Comment