Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Challenges

So this weekend I started getting a little bit of a cold and by Monday I felt miserable.  Tuesday I had my regular doctors appointment for the baby and it was the appointment where you have to do the glucola test.  I drank the orange drink early in the morning and had my blood drawn.  I came home and rested because my sinuses were all plugged up and I had a horrible cough.  By the afternoon I started throwing up and couldn't keep anything down.  The doctors office then called me and said that my blood sugar was 198 and it is supposed to be less than 140.  They also told me if I couldn't keep anything down then I needed to go to triage again.  I ended up heading to triage with Sterling around 6:00 for fluids and medicine.  And now I have to be referred for gestational diabetes!  This pregnancy thing is CRAZY!  It makes me worried now for me and the baby and I just keep praying that everything will turn out okay and the baby will be healthy-is that too much to ask?

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Arien, I'm sorry you're going through so many difficult things right now. I can truly understand how you're feeling. It seems so unfair sometimes. Hang in there and know that your friends are praying for you. Things will get better. :o)