Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life With Baby

I wanted to share a few of my experiences as a mother lately-mostly because they make me laugh. Tuesday I was getting ready to go pick Sterling up from the airport. Getting anywhere these days is quite an experience-can't forget the diaper bag, bottles, binky, blankets, blah blah...I can never get anywhere on time. As I was getting ready to put Reagan in her car seat my neighbor stopped by and wanted to hold her. Reagan preceded to have a bowel movement while she was holding her. I decided to put her on the car seat and change her diaper. I removed the diaper and started to wipe-Reagan decided she was not finished yet and continued to poop (she has never done this to me before). I tried to catch it with the wipes but poop ran all down the seat.... for those of you who think cloth is the way to go when it comes to cars-THINK AGAIN! This is a classic example of why leather is always a better option!!!!! Good thing I could just wipe it down.
Today I decided to brave the grocery store. I headed to Walmart which I despise anyway, but it is the closest store to my house sorry Walmart lovers-I just feel dirty every time I go there. I slapped on the baby bjorn, grabbed my diaper bag and headed in. Reagan finally fell asleep after being fussy and I thought I would be able to finish my grocery shopping. I realized I had to go to the bathroom and thought I could hold it but I couldn't (I cringe at the thought of public restrooms and now with a baby it is even worse). The handicap stall was taken, the next one ewww gross, 3rd stall okay. I get in and realize there is no hook to hang my bag and there is no way in $%#@ I am putting anything on the floor, so I would like you to imagine this...baby asleep in baby bjorn- strapped on the front, stuffed diaper bag hanging from my back, and me trying to use the toilet without getting a disease....then someone flushed a toilet and Reagan woke up and started crying. Right after I left the bathroom I decided I was done with Walmart and headed home!!!! My how babies change the way that you do things. She is so much work but such a joy at the same time. Her smiles melt my heart. I cant help but smile and love her when she talks to me and gives me snuggles. Hope this makes someone else laugh!

7 comments:

nanadover said...

The mental images did make me chuckle!
Public restrooms do make a person cringe! Sounds like you had it all under control...with a little acrobatics included!
Hugs!

The Clayburn Family said...

Super funny visual!!

Jules said...

Arien - boy have I been there, or close to! Just wait 'til she is too big for the baby pack, but too little to stand or understand "Don't touch anything!!" I'm afraid public restroom experiences get worse before they get better. Best of luck!

Meg said...

Love it! We so know about what we call "poopsplosions."

Jen said...

LOL, yes it's times like these we just have to laugh (after we cry!) I still don't like going to the store with all my kids and they are 8 and 11!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

haha! love those stories! keep them coming! I needed a good laugh tonight! only a few more days til you're here...hooray!

Stacy and Mike said...

Oh my we haven't talked in a long time!! I didn't even realize you were prego! She is absolutely beautiful Arien, congratulations :) And yes, babies change everything! we are working on baby #3 and I can't even imagine how our lives are going to change even more... good luck with her (and I love her name!)