Hopefully this isn't too personal, just something I have had on my mind and I read an article from a woman who expressed exactly what I feel.
I got to experience this once. Now I have a beautiful, dazzling little girl. And I feel lucky. And sort of greedy. Because I want a second. And a part of me feels like I should be satisfied with my one healthy child. But my family just feels incomplete.
I keep a lot of this longing buried inside. Because I have felt guilty. There are many women who may never have one. And this time around, biology is irritatingly stubborn.
Dear Body, What’s with the sudden attitude? I fear this is age discrimination. Signed, Me.
For months and months we’ve tried to conceive. Every month is like a roller coaster of emotions, with enormous hope giving out to despair (and I’ve never been a fan of roller coasters). And then hope creeps back in as another month gets underway.
One miscarriage crushed me. There was so much possibility in those two perfect lines on the pregnancy stick and then so suddenly and so cruelly, it was all taken away.
It’s been a long, stressful, disappointing road. We haven’t given up hope.
So all those pregnant women, who seem to be following me around constantly, could you send some of those fertility vibes my way? I promise I won’t ask to rub your belly.
5 comments:
Although I never had problems getting pregnant myself, I can understand your feelings because one of my own kids is experiencing the same thing you are...only their one and only child is now 5. My heart aches for parents like you and Sterling, and my own son and daughter-in-law who are fabulous parents and would be fabulous parents to more children, while so many babies are being brought into the world by some who cannot or will not give those babies the love and attention they deserve. You are in my prayers Arien. Your little Reagan will be a wonderful big sister someday! Sending love, hugs and good thoughts your way!
That is so hard! I know how it feels! But we ended up with Lola! I'll be praying for you and thinking of you guys! Big hugs to you!
Arien, I'm so sorry for your struggles. There is nothing worse in this world then losing a baby. I have also felt that loss and I feel your pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I have NO doubts that one day Reagan will be the BEST big sister.
Thank you for sharing your struggles. You guys are always in my prayers.
I'm so sorry, Arien :( Thanks for sharing your experience. Things will work out. They will.
Love you!!
Post a Comment