Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bi-Water Farm

After all of our chores this morning Sterling and I went to a farm in Georgetown Kentucky where they sell produce and pumpkins. They have a little autumn festival there for kids too. It was a beautiful day outside. We enjoyed picking out some ugly pumpkins and sipping on some apple cider.
We decided to go with ugly this year "wart pumpkin" Sterling thinks the other thing is cool because it looks like a brain.

While we were in Georgetown we stopped at the horse festival and Sterling enjoyed some BBQ. All kinds of "crazies" come out to these things!
As you can see behind us they sell something called a funnel cake here. They are like a donut type of a thing with powdered sugar. They are pretty good-I had never heard of them before we moved here. There was a funnel cake booth every other booth!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay first of all, that pic of you guys all zombied out makes me think of the thriller video...way cool. Secondly, the ugly pumpkins rock. Although that gray colored one reminds me of my junior high math teachers face (not even kidding). Thirdly, I live in G-town and had no idea these festival things were even going on here. I think I need to leave the house more, so I can eat funnel cake and see the local crazies. :)

Kirstin said...

Lovin' the ugly pumpkins! Looks like a fun festival. Don't worry Arien, my girls still know you (just not Kensley) I show them your blog to help them stay in touch too!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

I love those pumpkins!! What the...those are hilarious!!! Great job picking those out!!! THEY ROCK!!! Call me this week girl!! 10 days and counting til you come, HOORAY!!!!

Tiffany said...

how fun! too bad we didn't go do it all together! We may be going to another festival this saturday if you're interested!

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

Arien, it's your cousin Lindsay! I found your blog through Katie's...and wanted to say Hi! Looks like you guys are loving Kentucky...we'd love to stay in touch. Email me at....
dustandlinz@gmail.com for an invite to our blog.
Love ya, Linz