I can't believe that the holidays are over already. We made it back safely from Utah and are back into the swing of things. I am feeling much better, but after we got home we had an Annie emergency....she started vomiting in the middle of the night which isn't by itself unusual, but when I got home from work the next day she had vomited all over the place and had a horrible bout of diarrhea. Sterling and I decided to keep an eye on her until she went out to the bathroom and had blood coming out of her rectum. It only continued to spiral downward after that. She continued to bleed severely and as we waited at the animal hospital. They diagnosed her after several blood test with HGE or hemorrhagic gastroenteritis which basically has an unknown cause. She had to stay at the animal hospital and vet for a few nights on fluids and medication because this disease can be deadly. It was totally scary and still is now that she is home today for the first time, you don't realize how much your pets become part of your family. We are really grateful that she is doing better and hope that she will continue to improve.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Arien, I'm so sorry. That's scary, poor Annie. I hope she's feeling better.
It was so nice to see you again. I hope Annie recovers quickly.
Post a Comment