Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We are Still Alive


 I know most people don't do blogging anymore, but I enjoy it.  I have been a big slacker lately-but I swear I have several valid excuses! The last few months have been filled with several life changes and stressful events!  We came to Utah in February for Brad and Lu's wedding.  While we were here we had an offer on our house in Kentucky.  We also found out that we were pregnant. We had a 45 day closing window on our home but waited until everything went through like inspection, appraisal, etc before making any big plans because these days you just never know what is going to happen.  Everything went well and we had to decide what was best for our family for the next 2 1/2 months.  
During that time I worried about my pregnancy and whether or not it was going to happen this time around.  I had an ultrasound around 6 weeks and they couldn't see anything in the uterus.  They decided to check my HCG levels so I had blood testing 2 times in one week.  The doctor was worried my levels were not high enough so I braced myself for another disappointment.  A week and a half later they did another ultrasound and found a heartbeat and fetus.  I was happily but still nervous.  I was able to have another ultrasound right before I left kentucky and everything looked good.  
Grandma Jeanne flew to Kentucky to help pack up the house.  In between me being nauseous and tired we packed and packed.  We had many fabulous friends who pitched in and helped watch Reagan and also pack things at our house.  To alleviate  some of the traveling tolls on Reagan and I we decided to fly straight to Utah instead of driving across the country.  Sterling and Jeanne took on the tremendous responsibility of driving the 26 foot Uhaul with the car trailer on the back all the way to Colorado Springs.  They had a set back outside of Louisville with the Uhaul that set them back several hours.  We hired Two Men and a Truck to unload our stuff into storage.  Jeanne flew home to Portland, and Sterling and Annie drove to Utah with the car.  We were only able to spend a day and a half together before Sterling had to fly back to Kentucky:(  
 Before we left Kentucky Reagan attended her last day of preschool.  We took cupcakes for everyone to enjoy.  Reagan also enjoyed her last day of dance.  Her teacher Miss Dawn was sad to see her go.  Reagan had a hard time packing up her things.  She was especially upset about her bed.  She did not want us to pack it up.  

 We had a crazy spring in Kentucky.  It would be in the seventies and then one day it snowed like 5 inches.  Reagan and I went out and played in the snow. 
 Easter was really fun this year.  Saturday we went to the Easter egg hunt at Thanksgiving Point.  Reagan and Brielle did an amazing job grabbing eggs among the crazy crowds that were there.  They got their faces painted and rode on the little train.  Sunday Reagan got pajamas, a doctor kit, and 2 movies in her Easter Basket.  We went to church and Grandma made a fabulous dinner and had an Easter egg hunt in her yard.  The girls had fun looking to the eggs.  We also flew kites.  Ryan was generous and gave both Reagan and Brielle a kite.  Reagan had a very specific request for what kind of a kite she wanted.  She wanted a dragon with a rainbow??? Where does she get this?  Ryan found her a fairy kite that she loved. 
 We are really missing Sterling and wishing we didn't have this time apart.  We are excited that it will be over soon, and that this is only temporary.  We put money down to build a home in Colorado Springs.  It should be done in June.  We are very excited to start this new chapter in our lives!!!!

6 comments:

Meagan Zastrow said...

So glad to hear that things are getting going! That's great about the house! We miss you guys a ton!

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

Congrats on everything....such exciting baby news!!!!!!!! What an exciting new step in your family's life. loves!

Anonymous said...

Arien! Congrats!! I am so happy for you and your family! I know, blogging is slowly creeping down on my list, but I love it when other people keep their blog current! Glad you updated! THat's exciting you are building a house. Keep up the posts and pictures!

stalker sarah said...

Congratulations! Love the updates! Can't wait to see pics of the new house! That's so exciting! Miss ya! Oh, and I still LOVE blogging! But I can definitely tell my readers may not (as much as me)! :)

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Glad to see you are alive and well. Congratulations!!! I hope things go well.

Krista said...

I'm soo happy for you! Seems like life is good for you guys right now. Hope everything continues to go well and I hope you keep posting. I love to see your cute girl and your fam.